Blackberry Bold 9650 and OS6
socdani189

My phone required me to upgrade to the new OS6.  I absolutely hate the new software to the point I no longer love my blackberry.  Is there anyway possible to go back to the original software?  It is slow and very delayed in everything I do.  It also only offers one type of theme, in which I extremely dislike.  Please help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Bold 9650 and OS6
epizzolo

Very easy to do so with blackberry desktop manager, can't actually do it over the air. 

0 Likes
GinaH_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

Yes there is a way to revert back to your previous software. Try removing your battery for 10 seconds and power back on to see if it improves. Here's a link to Blackberry's community forum on steps to reload your phone's previous software:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Storm-BlackBerry-9500/downgrade-from-os-v5-to-os-v...

Please note it is very important to back up your data anytime you update your phone's software.  If you don't already have the Blackberry Desktop software, you can download the latest version here: www.vzam.net/blackberry 

0 Likes
socdani189

Thanks to both of you for your help.  It worked.

Any chance you know how to get rid of duplicate applications??  I have about two or three of the same applications installed.  There isn't an option to delete.  Any suggestions.  Thanks!

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

socdani189 wrote:

Thanks to both of you for your help.  It worked.

Any chance you know how to get rid of duplicate applications??  I have about two or three of the same applications installed.  There isn't an option to delete.  Any suggestions.  Thanks!

Hi,

Those are probably just duplicate icons that are pushed to your device by Verizon.  You can delete them by going into the service books, but they will probably reappear after a few hours.  I just created a new folder in my Applications screen and moved them all to that folder.  You can also just hide them, if you want. 

Doc

0 Likes