Blackberry Bold 9650
mk65

I just got a new Blackberry.  All I can say is I hate it.  It doesnt work.  I have had to reboot twice already, once because there was no sound on rings from calls or the alarm.  Then you can only have the default search engine Bing, which is the worst search engine ever.  Then it has a choice of only 5 or 6 ring tones instead of maybe 20 or more on my Tour.  Then the device can't seem to connect to blackberry apps site.  it keeps givnig me an error message.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Bold 9650
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

It's too bad that the Bold doesn't seem to be working out for you! You've mentioned some things that are resolvable, and other things that are not. Perhaps you would prefer a different model? If you're still within the 14 days of your Worry Free Guarantee, you can exchange the Bold for any model currently offered by VZW. A $35.00 device restocking fee does apply. I hope that no matter what you choose, you find the right fit for your needs!

0 Likes
mk65

Thanks for the help!  I turned my phone back over to Verizon yesterday.  I went with T-mobile and they showed me how I could make the same phone work better for me and under options, I was able to choose who I wanted to use as my default search engine.  Too bad Verzion decided to limit us.

0 Likes
larco

I could not agree more.  I purchased a Blackberry Bold 9650 in April and it was a mistake that has turned into a complete disaster!

The browser works some of the time and i do not know if the cause the Verizon 3G network of the device, but i suspect it is the device.  I pretty much given up on using this device to surf.  Every page opens very small so each page requires manual "zooming" and some pages get stuck in zoom mode where I have to quit the browser and start over.

I am not sure about Bing, but Opera was recommended to me, but even using Blackberry apps or Verizon apps, I cannot download the Opera browser.  I suspect that either Blackberry may have something to do with the inability to download a competing product.

BTW, do not use google sync with this device.  When I do the phone created duplicate contacts and appointments where now I have over 30,000 contacts (I started with 1,100) and dozens of appointments are duplicated hundreds of times in my calendar.

The screen is small and the keyboard is difficult to use.

I have to re-power the device at least once per day or it will lock up and Verizon tech support instructed by to pull the battery at least once a week to prevent lock ups.

At least the email functions work and the device is an email workhorse. 

Now, I am stuck with a lousy product for 22 more months and I am a small business with limited resources.  The Verizon sales guy in Redmond, WA told me that I could by an Android phone or a new iphone for about $800 and try to dump the Blackberry on ebay.

Do not purchase a Blackberry Bold.  There are better choices than the bad choice I made.

0 Likes