Blackberry Bold 9930 Battery Drain
tpy0

I'm having a strange issue with my 9930. Spending any length of time in any, non-native, app completely drains the battery, starting at any percentage. 5 minutes in Twitter, GroupOn, the phone gives me a message that the battery power is too low for battery use. Shortly after, the phone shuts off. Regular phone usage, email reading, phone calls, text message, have not presented a problem.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Bold 9930 Battery Drain
CAL926
Enthusiast - Level 3

Have you considered buying a new battery?

0 Likes
910lori

Mine (less than 2 yrs old) started doing that and then it never worked again, only had red blinking light, tried new battery at Verizon store with no luck...then they tried to say I got the phone wet and internal hard-drive (? terminology) or something was wiped out. After long argument that I did not abuse my phone they even said by carrying it in my leather purse could constitute moisture damage.  I'll be returning to sore tomorrow with my contract which by the way states that I purchased Ins and get a new Phone!  Also noticed that my Ins is not itemized on my bill and should have kicked in after Mfg warranty expired 7 mon ago so that will be next issue I am sure.  Good Luck!  

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

910lori wrote:

Mine (less than 2 yrs old) started doing that and then it never worked again, only had red blinking light, tried new battery at Verizon store with no luck...then they tried to say I got the phone wet and internal hard-drive (? terminology) or something was wiped out. After long argument that I did not abuse my phone they even said by carrying it in my leather purse could constitute moisture damage.  I'll be returning to sore tomorrow with my contract which by the way states that I purchased Ins and get a new Phone!  Also noticed that my Ins is not itemized on my bill and should have kicked in after Mfg warranty expired 7 mon ago so that will be next issue I am sure.  Good Luck!  

Warranty and insurance claims will get you a refurbished phone not a new one. You also should have been paying for insurance continually since you purchased the device and it would have been identified on the bill as a separate item.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

910lori, I'm sorry to learn that you're having issues with your Blackberry device. Liquid damage can be caused by humidity and moisture environments. I'm here to address your concerns. We provide a one year manufacturer warranty which starts from the date that you originally purchased your phone. If you subscribed to Total Equipment, then this would provide you with an extended warranty thereafter the 12 months. This warranty replacement option does not cover physical or liquid damage. As a result, since there is liquid damage, you will need to file an insurance claim. Click http://vz.to/10c5c5m for more details regarding the insurance feature and how to file a claim.

LasinaH_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes