Blackberry Bold 9930 call quality
need2knowplz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Morning. I purchased the BB Bold 9930 for my husband and he is having issues with his call quality. He says he can hear me fine, but he sounds like there is running water, waterfall in the background. We have tried this on several phones, different locations. It still sounds bad. He does not have a case/cover on the phone and we ensured all plastic was removed from the phone. I searched online and it seems others have this problem however, no 'fix' has been suggested. I ensured he is up to date with his OS. Any suggestions? I bought thru wirefly and have 14 days to return. He loves the phone, but the quality of the call is a huge issue. Thanks for your help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Bold 9930 call quality
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I agree that call quality is imnportant, regardless of how good the phone looks and feels ... you said he does not have a case on the phone, so that isn't the problem.  I've been reading, as you have, so you may have already tried these suggestions:

1. Adjust the treble and bass boost in call settings - it seemed to help with some people.

2. Some people said if they held the phone differently so the microphone was better able to pick up their voice, it helped.

It does seem to be more of a physical problem with the way the phone is constructed, from what I can glean off other discussion boards, and may not be "fixed" with a different phone.  The "fix" is in the way you handle and use the phone, which is harder to change!  Your best solution may be a different phone.

Good luck....

0 Likes
need2knowplz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks Suzy. Yes, we tried him switching hands, the way he holds it, etc. No good.

The only thing we haven't tried, which I found on a search also, is the treble and bass boost - he is at work and is not 'tech savvy' enough to do this. I know, I know....dumb guy with smartphone! Smiley Happy Ha!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Let me know what happens with the treble and bass adjustments....and if it isn't successful, then maybe a different phone would work better.  If he is not "tech savvy" then maybe the iPhone would be a better fit??  :smileyhappy:

0 Likes