Blackberry Bold 9930- cannot make or receive calls
aaross

Please Help!

Woke up this morning and my phone icon was missing on my home screen.  It wouldn't be a huge deal, but I also discovered that I cannot make or receive calls.  I have had several people try to reach me and they all say it goes straight to voicemail.  Even if I try to dial a number and hit send, nothing happens.  I have searched all of my folders to see if it was hiding, have reset my theme, taken out the battery, blah, blah, blah.  The only thing I have working for me is that both e-mail and text messages are working fine.  Please, if anyone has a suggestion I'd love to hear asap.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Bold 9930- cannot make or receive calls
512_632_1971

having the same issue and this is second time this has happened. do you think its a verizon or blackberry issue?

0 Likes
YaleK_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello,

I want to make sure you are both able to make calls as normal.  Did this occur after installing any new applications or adjusting any settings?  Is the device still showing adequate signal strength?  Based on the the device still receiving text messages the voice signal is still transmitting to the device.  I would like to take a closer look at your account settings.  Please send a Direct Message with your name and account information and I can investigate further.

Thank You

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
tabdiva

I am having the same issue of not being able to receive calls.  I've called Verizon and they are suppose to be working on this issue.  Let me know if you get anything resolved.

0 Likes
tabdiva

I can not tell.  I see I'm not alone in this.

0 Likes
sarajaxon

Same thing here, everything else is working well but no phone calls ----  Rahim w/Verizon tells me my phone is corrupt but no one can seem to help me.

0 Likes
spurcellfl

I just received my Bold 9930 (before seeing this post) and ran in to the same can not hear or be heard issue, to the point where you can not even hear the ringing of the called party.  I have however, found a work around which is immediate, rather than having to pull the battery or reset the device. 

After placing the call or when answering the call immediatly press the # key, now all functions of the conversation will function correctly.  At least this is working for mine.  Hopefully this will help someone at Verizon or BB correct the issue.

0 Likes
247adg

I bought my Bold 9930 yesterday and today I have the exact problem described above.  I have no third party apps installed.

0 Likes
JenWT

I've had my 9930 for 2 weeks.  Started having these same issues within days. The battery pull reset things, but this surely is no fix.  I guess there is an update coming which is supposed to fix this problem.  So frustrating. 

0 Likes