Re: Blackberry Bold 9930 phone calls not going through
dk6430

Actually, in my experience, what puts the phone into that state is when one calls a number and they call you at the same time - it creates a call filed message, after which the phone is a zombie - no sounds during calls. This has occurred even on the devices BB phones 9630 and 9650, not just on 9930!!!

I spent countless hors on support, but to no avail. It must be buried deep and ugly in the phone OS. Once the phone zombies it can only be fixed by removing the battery, and it can take up to ten minutes for it to reboot...other people may think you are rude to them.

This is a VZW only problem, so it must be in the call management part...

Hope this helps to fix it soon. Or you can tell all ppl to not call you on your Verizon phone...

0 Likes
jak1234
Enthusiast - Level 2

sorry.  not the problem.  We have several users now experiencing this with our Bold 9930.  We have swapped out several devices -- not tied to hardware.  The last time, our GM called me when this was happening --- and I know I was not trying to call him.

the individual above suggesting downgrading to 7.0 from 7.1 sounds the best so far --- going to try this...

0 Likes
jak1234
Enthusiast - Level 2

Our company has over 100 Blackberry users.  We have several people on the Blackberry 9930 and most of them have experienced this.  Some just pull the battery and don't complain.  For others, it happens often enough that they are demanding we do something about it.

Our General Manager is on his 3rd Bold 9930 in the past 2 months.  Same problem.  At least once per week - he tries to call someone, the call connects, but they cannot hear each other.  Only "fix" is to pull the battery.

Verizon did not seem aware of the issue, but said 7.x in general has been problematic. 

Based on one of the posts above, I might try to downgrade one of our devices from 7.1 to 7.0 to see if that resolves the problem.

jak1234
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hope this works.  Going to give it a shot and told a couple of our users most impacted to do the same.  Will post our findings

0 Likes
jak1234
Enthusiast - Level 2

What OS level?  Sounds like there might be a tie to 7.1.x.

0 Likes
sunshinemama
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem with my Bold. It's not all the time but I have had it. The phone will ring and I will answer but it seems like no one is there. When it is acting up like this it also does it when I call someone else. No audio.

0 Likes
newshutr

I didn't see that you were on the latest official from Vzw. If it were me, I would update to the 7.1.0.580 official.  If not, try the leaked .649

You can always downgrade if it doesn't work.

RIM's BlackBerry Fan Of The Month for January

0 Likes
newshutr

What OS do you currently have on the phone? 

0 Likes
MiLO_PHD

I just got a 9930 on Sunday. I returned it on Monday to exchange i for another one. Why? Callers couldn't hear me. Today is Tuesday. I'm already experiencing the same problem with my new, new 9930. Restarting the phone "corrected" the problem. But a phone that requires constant restarting is a problem. I'll give it one more day. If it continues I may be done with RIM.

0 Likes