Blackberry Bold 9930 stopped connecting to Internet over home wifi
JoeLo152

I've had this phone for over a year and have never had a problem getting to the Internet over my home wifi but this morning, all of our devices stopped connecting to the Internet even though they show they are connecting to the wifi router. After rebooting the router and doing some research, I tried changing the DNS path on my apple devices to 8.8.8.8 and they now work fine but I can't seem to figure out how to modify the DNS on my BB.  Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Bold 9930 stopped connecting to Internet over home wifi
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi JoeLo152,

Thanks for reaching out. This would definitely boggled my mind dealing with this.  Glad to hear you got the other devices hooked up to your home wifi again.  Here is a link that will help you change the DNS settings on your 9930 http://vz.to/14N3GnN Keep us posted on the outcome.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
JoeLo152

Hi BobbyS,

Thanks for the reply and sorry to delay but the problem resolved itself about 18 hours after I sent this so didn't have to change the DNS after all.  I've been waiting to see if it happened again but so far I've had no further problems connecting to the internet over my home wifi. 

Thx again,

JoeLo

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there JoLo,

Woo hoo! I'm glad to hear that you are back up and running. Thanks for keeping us updated and enjoy the rest of your week.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes