Blackberry Bold 9930 - suddenly can't text a cple of people
nixoncheryl

For the last two months I haven't been able to text 2 people that I used to text constantly.  My trackpad stopped working so I got a replacement phone.  I backed up all my data with Blackberry Desktop and the Backup assistant for my contacts.  When the new phone came in, I reloaded all data to the new phone.  Still can't text these friends.  Any suggestions???

I thought about trying a hard reset or security wipe and then only adding only those two contacts manually to see if that works.  Is there any downside to doing the hard reset / security wipe???  Don't want to screw up my new phone!!!

Thanks for any help!!

Cheryl

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Bold 9930 - suddenly can't text a cple of people
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Cheryl,

Have you checked the numbers that got transferred to the new (replacement) phone?  Did contacts get duplicated?  Do the contacts have the full 10-digit phone numbers?

Are you texting by pulling up the contact?  Or typing in the 10-digit number directly?  Can you reply to a text that they send you?  Are you using any kind of texting app, or BBM?  Sorry for all the questions.... I'm just trying to nail down possible causes for this.

0 Likes
nixoncheryl

I have checked the numbers.  I deleted the contacts and took battery out of phone, then turned it back on and added the contacts information.  Still can't text them.

I have pulled them up from the contact list, nothing.....I typed number in directly.....nothing.  I have received messages from them but when I try to reply, it lists their message above, shows what I've typed but when I hit send it doesn't show up on the bottom of their texts.  It creates a whole new message to them, but it never goes through to them.  So I have them listed under texts with the ones they send me and then my attempts to text them are listed as a different set of messages.

Not using any type of texting app and I haven't used BBM ever.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi nixoncheryl,  Let's make sure you are able to communicate with all of your friends!  I appreciate you taking  so many steps to troubleshoot the device. It is possible that there was a corruption on the original device and it got transfered to the replacement through the Desktop Manager.  Have you had the opportunity to completed a security wipe on the new device?  I look forward to troubleshooting with your further and getting this resolved!

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes