Blackberry Bold. THIRD bold. SAME problems.
cgreathouse

Verizon tells me there are "no known issues" with this phone. However, blackberry forums and crackberry forums say otherwise. All i want is a phone that allows me to enjoy the great service i enjoyed with verizon on every other phone i have ever had with them. I am on my third replacement (it arrived yesterday) and was already at the verizon store tonight because of dropped and failed calls. They tell me my only option is to keep having the bold replaced or to accept a downgrade. The rep at the store stood there and told me that the bold is a great phone but that if i want, i can buy a droid for full retail price. I just spent a few hundred dollars on the bold and apparently am expected to eat that money or to replace my phone once a month for the next two years.

This just doesn't seem right to me. Is anyone else having this problem?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Bold. THIRD bold. SAME problems.
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your problems with dropped calls on your Bold.  What is the version of OS you are running on your 9650?  Also, you did not mention it, but you should update your PRL by dialing *228 and selecting option 2. 

Doc

0 Likes
cgreathouse

yes, i tried that. *228, update software. heck, we've even replaced the phone.

TWICE.

any other suggestions?

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

I know there were several Bold 9650 owners who complained in these forums about dropped calls a few months ago.  The problem was resolved after the software update of 5.0.0.975 was released.  However, since you state you have updated the software on your device, there must be another underlying problem.  The only other thing I can recommend at this point is to wipe the device completely and install 5.0.0.975 from scratch.  When you upgraded, it might have left a corrupt file on the device, but if you completely wipe the device and then install the software, you might get better results.  If you have never done this before, follow the instructions found at http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-erase-all-data-applications-blackberry-device-4585/ and you should not have a problem.  If you need the 5.0.0.975 file, you can download it from Verizon at http://vzw.smithmicro.com/blackberry/  Let me know how this works for you.  Happy Holidays.

Doc

0 Likes