Blackberry Bold is crap
mmitch

I could not wait to get a Blackberry...Bold...well this the second replacement in less than a year....I am having trouble setting the email up...any suggestions...

I requestedgetting a different phone...this is horrible resetting the phone up again for the 3rd time....they (verizon) will not even discuss....the phone is garbage ang the phone is not abused at all....

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Bold is crap
Spiral
Master - Level 1

What kind of problems are you having setting up email?  See if the attached guide helps.

Setting Up Email

One suggestion is when you do eventually get the phone setup, backup the contents/settings to your PC using Blackberry Desktop Manager.  Then if you have a problem in the future you can just restore the settings instead of manually resetting all those items.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

mmitch wrote:

...I am having trouble setting the email up...any suggestions...

I had no trouble setting up multiple emails on my Bold - what happens when you try?

What OS do you have on your Bold?  It seems all I needed to do was go to set up, add new email account, enter the username and password for that particular email account, and an icon was created for that email address - email started being received on the phpone and I can reply and initiate email from the phone as well.

Where does the process break down for you?  And what type of email are you trying to set up?  I have my business email (@my domain.com), a gmail account, an AOL account, and a couple of others.   They all work well. 

Is this a corporate email address that needs BES?

0 Likes
Elitist_Jerk
Contributor - Level 2

You can always buy a phone at full retail and put it on your line.

Why would vzw switch out the phone because you don't know how to use it? Seems like a horrible business plan

0 Likes