Blackberry Bold will not charge
bwallac2

My blackberry bold will not charge any battery. I have three batteries and my girlfriends BB Tour will charge them but my bold will not have three different charger cords that plug into the wall outlet and two different car chargers and still not charging. The lighting bolt pops up over the battery icon on the phone display but then disappears after a minute or so... Can anyone help me with my issue.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Bold will not charge
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

If you are not able to get a charge on your device while it is plugged into the standard wall charger that came with your device, then you may have a factory defect.  I would call customer service and speak with them about your device.  It is possible you might be able to get a replacement, provided your device is still under warranty.  Hope that helps,

Doc

0 Likes
TominqueBo_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello bwallac2,

I would first make sure you have the most current software on your device by navigating to Options>Device>About Device Versions and your version should read 6.0 Release 2333/Plat: 4.4.0.438/App 6.0.0.524.  If it does not please select update under Device>Software Updates.  If you are up to date I would recommend a factory reset to the device by going to Options>Security>Security Wipe.  After the reboot the device will call for a re-activation by dialing *228 send and option 1.  Please keep in mind this will erase everything from the phone so if desired please back up.  Please let me know if this helps you.  Thank you. 

0 Likes
caymarie

my 6th one  in the past seven months had that issue. (I had it 5 days)  I went in to the local store told them to charge it. They couldnt so they sent me a new phone. (not like it mattered the 7th one i received broke after 36 hours and im waiting on the replacement). Point being, take it in, show them, and hopefully theyll give you a new one.

0 Likes