Blackberry Classic, cannot swap calls or drop merged calls.
jhockema

I am using a BlackBerry Classic with 10.3.1.941.

I cannot swap calls when answering a call with call waiting. When I touch the call on the screen, it gives me an error and says that operation is not supported.

Also, I cannot drop a call from a merged or conference call. In the tutorial video, it shows a small "hangup" symbol on the bar for each call. I do not have that symbol. I do have the three lines, sometimes it will not work. At other times, it will show a list of calls, but when I try to select one call to drop, it ends up disconnecting all the calls.

Please help. This problem is very frustrating.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Classic, cannot swap calls or drop merged calls.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I want all feature to work as intended jhockema! In review of my resources, I see that your software version is different from the one currently listed for your device. First troubleshooting step is to ensure that you have the most current software version installed. Please visit this link http://spr.ly/6587fE1c for steps to update your software version.
AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
jhockema

Thank you for contacting me, but when I perform those steps, my phone tells me that I have the latest software version.

What is the correct version?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
You're welcome jhockema. I know its difficult to deal with this type of issue but we are going to continue working on it until its resolved. Here is the most recent version. 10.3.1.1448 . Are you having issues with any other functions on your phone or applications on your device.

KinquanaH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
jhockema

Actually, it turns out that is the version I had. I was confused between the build and version numbers.

Nonetheless, I have restored and updated the device twice, and I still have the same problem. I can answer a call with call waiting, but I cannot return to the original call. I can initiate a three-way call, but I cannot drop a call from the three-way call. When I tap on the screen to do either of these things, nothing happens, or it tells me that that “feature is not supported.”

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thanks for checking again and clarifying jhockema. I can totally understand why you may have gotten the software version number confused.
Does this happen specifically when you are on a 3-way call you established or you joined later? How are you trying to swap back between calls? Have you been able to do it before?

AdaS_VZW
0 Likes
jhockema

I have never been able to swap calls on this device. It happens on calls I initiate via three-way calling, but also when I try to switch between calls using call waiting. I can answer the second call, but I cannot switch back to the first call.

I viewed the instruction video on your website about call handling, and as it instructs, I am tapping on the name of the caller to drop the caller from a three way call or to swap a call. However, I do not have the red “hang up” symbol that is shown next to the name of the caller on the video. When I tap the name, the phone tells me “operation not supported.”

0 Likes