Blackberry Desktop Software has stopped working
Vernon2701

Blackberry Torch 9850 on the Verizon Wireless Network

Blackberry OS: 7.1 Bundle 1737 (v 7.1.0.580, Platform 5.1.0.429)

Windows 7 Home Premium, SP11 with an full admin account

HP Desktop computer

For some unknown reason whenever I attempt to execute Blackberry Desktop Software version 7.1 the application returns the following error: "Blackberry Desktop Software has stopped working: A problem caused the program and notify you if a solution is available." The last successful use of DM was on Sunday, October 7, 2012 when I synched my phone and did a backup of the device.

I have uninstalled and re-installed the application; uninstalled Microsoft .Net Framework version 3.5 and 4.0 then re-installed .Net Framework; then re-installed DM under a new admin account and still getting the same problem. I even went as far as uninstalling Office and re-installing office and still getting the same problem. Whenever I uninstalled DM I did a manual uninstall where I removed all registry keys associated with Research in Motion including folders and still getting the same problem. I Googled the error and the articles worth reading I have already the things they mentioned.

NOTE: I have done a lot more troubleshooting that is listed. But since I did so much to get this to work it will take me an entire novel to list all the things I have done to get this app to work again.

Called VZW and they got me in contact with RIM. RIM did pretty much the same things I did and after spending 7 hours on the phone with them they concluded I need to reformat my drive. When the tech made that suggested I wanted to reach thru the phone and knock her teach out of her mouth. Suffice to say I am not able to get DM to work on my machine and there appears to be no apparent reason why the software will stop working. Not have DM work means I cannot synch my phone. I have one personal computer and I am not going to install DM on my laptop because it will do me no good since I need to synch it with Outlook which is on my personal desktop. I cannot install my personal copy of office on my work laptop because it will probably cause other issues.

Anyone have any suggestions how I can get this application working on my desktop. It was working before and all of a sudden it stopped  working

Labels (1)
0 Likes