Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blackberry Desktop Software has stopped working
Vernon2701

Blackberry Torch 9850 on the Verizon Wireless Network

Blackberry OS: 7.1 Bundle 1737 (v 7.1.0.580, Platform 5.1.0.429)

Windows 7 Home Premium, SP11 with an full admin account

HP Desktop computer

For some unknown reason whenever I attempt to execute Blackberry Desktop Software version 7.1 the application returns the following error: "Blackberry Desktop Software has stopped working: A problem caused the program and notify you if a solution is available." The last successful use of DM was on Sunday, October 7, 2012 when I synched my phone and did a backup of the device.

I have uninstalled and re-installed the application; uninstalled Microsoft .Net Framework version 3.5 and 4.0 then re-installed .Net Framework; then re-installed DM under a new admin account and still getting the same problem. I even went as far as uninstalling Office and re-installing office and still getting the same problem. Whenever I uninstalled DM I did a manual uninstall where I removed all registry keys associated with Research in Motion including folders and still getting the same problem. I Googled the error and the articles worth reading I have already the things they mentioned.

NOTE: I have done a lot more troubleshooting that is listed. But since I did so much to get this to work it will take me an entire novel to list all the things I have done to get this app to work again.

Called VZW and they got me in contact with RIM. RIM did pretty much the same things I did and after spending 7 hours on the phone with them they concluded I need to reformat my drive. When the tech made that suggested I wanted to reach thru the phone and knock her teach out of her mouth. Suffice to say I am not able to get DM to work on my machine and there appears to be no apparent reason why the software will stop working. Not have DM work means I cannot synch my phone. I have one personal computer and I am not going to install DM on my laptop because it will do me no good since I need to synch it with Outlook which is on my personal desktop. I cannot install my personal copy of office on my work laptop because it will probably cause other issues.

Anyone have any suggestions how I can get this application working on my desktop. It was working before and all of a sudden it stopped  working

Labels (1)
0 Likes