Blackberry Email outage fixed
Michele-VzW
Contributor - Level 2

RIM and Verizon Wireless have reported that the email outage is now resolved.  we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Blackberry Email outage fixed
Michele-VzW
Contributor - Level 2

Try these steps if your email isn't working as of yet.  If these steps do not work please call into Customer Service for further help;

Re-Register the device on the network

To register a BlackBerry smartphone over the wireless network, complete the following steps:

1.      On the Home screen, go to Options, or click Settings > Options.

2.Note: The location of the Options screen depends on the BlackBerry® Device Software and theme you are running on your BlackBerry smartphone.

3.      Complete the step associated with the BlackBerry Device Software version you are running:

·        If you are running BlackBerry Device Software 4.1 to 5.0, click Advanced Options > Host Routing Table.

·        If you are running BlackBerry Device Software 3.7.1 to 4.0.2, click Host Routing Table.

·        If you are running BlackBerry Device Software 3.0 to 3.7, click Network.

·        If you are running BlackBerry Device Software 2.0 to 2.7, click Network Settings.

1.Note: Some BlackBerry smartphone users running BlackBerry Device Software 3.7.1 might find the Register Now option on the Network screen menu.

2.      Display the menu and click Register Now. Your BlackBerry smartphone connects to the wireless network.

Remove and re-insert the battery of your wireless device

1.      Power your device off.

2.      Completely remove the battery and wait for approximately 10 seconds.

3.      Re-insert the battery and power the device on.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tfloarch

Michelle, I received a stack of emails around 12noon Eastern on 12/17, but have had no delivered emails to my BBerry Curve since then.. I've received more than 10 emails that have not been delivered to the Bberry.  I am able to send so far.  It seems RIM's not fixed this completely?  I've tried calling customer service but there literally was no answer when sent to the Bberry Tech Support.  PLEASE HELP!!!! Thanks.

0 Likes
robin92

It is 12:39 est and I have not received any emails on my Curve for almost 2 days now.  I'm not so sure the issue is resolved.

0 Likes
Blanchk

I am still unable to receive email on my Blackberry Storm - what's up with that.  Apparently, this issue is still not resolved.  Also, I didn't know there was a Blackberry outage - how come there was no notification to users?

0 Likes
jp
Enthusiast - Level 1

My emails came through once yesterday morning and has not worked since.  about two days now.  Hope someone can get it fixed soon.

0 Likes
Michele-VzW
Contributor - Level 2

I was also advised it could take a little while for the system to clear out, the issue may be resolved but it still has to clear out the system.  This is a nationwide issue, so be patient, it will all start to work soon.  :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
tfloarch

Hopefully it is just a backlog, but it's going on 24 hours since RIM publicized they fixed the problem.  It seems Verizon has been put at the back of the queue by them as my ATT colleagues have had little difficulty since about 9pm eastern, last night.  Let's hope they catch up soon.  Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Email outage fixed - not
bres

I received a group of emails last night after not receiving any during the day. I haven't received any today since 8 a.m. eastern standard time even though I get them on my desktop. It appears to still be out. WHY?

0 Likes
laneverizion

Hey michelle,

Thanks for trying to communicate with us the latest updates - unfortunately, I am still without service. My story is the same as the others...batch of emails arrived yesterday, but as of today nothing (12-18)

I can send emails from my blackberry accounts, and receive emails to my vzw.blackberry.net account, but nothing is arriving to my bberry from my corporate email.

Please update us again on what we can expect as far as service over the weekend. 

Thank you

0 Likes
mek_cell

Still cannot receive any e-mail messages to my Blackberry 9630; please advice when we can expect service again?

0 Likes