Re: Blackberry Email outage fixed
LeighH

it most certainly is not fixed.

I have not received an email on my blackberry since 3:03am Thursday Dec. 17th.

I haven't even received a fun little tease batch of emails. 

NOTHING

I tried to call customer service, but no one ever picks up on the line after weeding through the menu.

BAH HUMBUG:smileymad:

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

Go into your email setting folder under setup.  Hit menu and then select service books and then click on send service books.  This should take care of it.

0 Likes
laneverizion

I am relatively savvy with this kind of stuff and I don't have that option- at least I don't think I have that option.

Any other suggestions.  I have the Blackberry World Edition?

Thanks

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

laneverizion wrote:

I am relatively savvy with this kind of stuff and I don't have that option- at least I don't think I have that option.

Any other suggestions.  I have the Blackberry World Edition?

Thanks

Sorry the instructions are for the Storm.  I'm guessing here but you should have something similiar in your menu and setup area.  Hopefully someone will chime in here that knows for sure and get you going.

You might try a battery pull to reset your phone if you haven't already.

0 Likes
laneverizion

I've done the battery pull and I have run the diagnostics test.  I have "reconciled" and relogged into my accounts. 

This is my nightmare - entering into a weekend without full access to my accounts!  Yikes.

For now I have forwarded all my corporate email to vzw.blackberry.net account - and that seems to be working.

Thanks for trying!

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

laneverizion wrote:

I've done the battery pull and I have run the diagnostics test.  I have "reconciled" and relogged into my accounts. 

This is my nightmare - entering into a weekend without full access to my accounts!  Yikes.

For now I have forwarded all my corporate email to vzw.blackberry.net account - and that seems to be working.

Thanks for trying!

Your welcome and good luck.................

0 Likes
mcohmer

Still not receiving email on my Tour!  I can't find any help.  I've pulled the battery etc.  Any other suggestions?

0 Likes
pacmour

Thanks this worked for me.   :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Florinna

I have a Pearl and can't find anything about service books in my menus.. and still can not get e-mail.. and have tried pulling the battery as well. :smileysad:

0 Likes
sadie85
Contributor - Level 3

A battery pull (or quickpull!) can resolve A LOT of blackberry issues. If you still aren't receiving emails after a battery pull do this...

Options->Advance Options->Host Routing table->Press the blackberry button to open the menu and select Register Now. This will send a ping to the network and RIM allowing you to use the services. Give it about 5 minutes, you should receive a message that says "Your device is now registered" and emails should start coming in.

0 Likes