Try these steps if your email isn't working as of yet. If these steps do not work please call into Customer Service for further help;
Re-Register the device on the network
To register a BlackBerry smartphone over the wireless network, complete the following steps:
1. On the Home screen, go to Options, or click Settings > Options.
2.Note: The location of the Options screen depends on the BlackBerry® Device Software and theme you are running on your BlackBerry smartphone.
3. Complete the step associated with the BlackBerry Device Software version you are running:
· If you are running BlackBerry Device Software 4.1 to 5.0, click Advanced Options > Host Routing Table.
· If you are running BlackBerry Device Software 3.7.1 to 4.0.2, click Host Routing Table.
· If you are running BlackBerry Device Software 3.0 to 3.7, click Network.
· If you are running BlackBerry Device Software 2.0 to 2.7, click Network Settings.
1.Note: Some BlackBerry smartphone users running BlackBerry Device Software 3.7.1 might find the Register Now option on the Network screen menu.
2. Display the menu and click Register Now. Your BlackBerry smartphone connects to the wireless network.
Remove and re-insert the battery of your wireless device
1. Power your device off.
2. Completely remove the battery and wait for approximately 10 seconds.
3. Re-insert the battery and power the device on.
Michelle, I received a stack of emails around 12noon Eastern on 12/17, but have had no delivered emails to my BBerry Curve since then.. I've received more than 10 emails that have not been delivered to the Bberry. I am able to send so far. It seems RIM's not fixed this completely? I've tried calling customer service but there literally was no answer when sent to the Bberry Tech Support. PLEASE HELP!!!! Thanks.
I am still unable to receive email on my Blackberry Storm - what's up with that. Apparently, this issue is still not resolved. Also, I didn't know there was a Blackberry outage - how come there was no notification to users?
I was also advised it could take a little while for the system to clear out, the issue may be resolved but it still has to clear out the system. This is a nationwide issue, so be patient, it will all start to work soon.
Hopefully it is just a backlog, but it's going on 24 hours since RIM publicized they fixed the problem. It seems Verizon has been put at the back of the queue by them as my ATT colleagues have had little difficulty since about 9pm eastern, last night. Let's hope they catch up soon. Thanks!
I received a group of emails last night after not receiving any during the day. I haven't received any today since 8 a.m. eastern standard time even though I get them on my desktop. It appears to still be out. WHY?
Thanks for trying to communicate with us the latest updates - unfortunately, I am still without service. My story is the same as the others...batch of emails arrived yesterday, but as of today nothing (12-18)
I can send emails from my blackberry accounts, and receive emails to my vzw.blackberry.net account, but nothing is arriving to my bberry from my corporate email.
Please update us again on what we can expect as far as service over the weekend.