Blackberry Family data plan question
regionalceleb

Ive been thinking about upgrading to blackberry' for my wife and I.  I know I need a personal use data plan for 30 dollars but my question is does each phone need its own plan since its under our family plan? Or will I be forking out an extra 60 bucks?

Thanks for the help guys, never had a black berry so Im trying to make the best decision.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Family data plan question
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Welcome to the forums.  I have a BB data plan with 3 lines...90 bucks.  I hope that answers your question.  Also the data plan does not cover text messaging.  Make sure you get a Family Select plan that will include "all you can eat" text messaging.

Doc

0 Likes
regionalceleb

Thanks for the response !

I was afraid of that answer

I do have the family plan select which covers texting

Id like to upgrade just dont see paying 30 bucks perline for it

I get 20% off my bill but still just cant see it

Thanks again for the response !

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi there again,

I agree, it's a big price jump in your bill.  It's not for everybody.  However, if a smartphone is in your plans, ie, a Blackberry or a Windows Mobile based phone, you will be required an extra data plan.  Plans for all smartphones are the same I believe at 30 bucks per line.  I too get an employee discount through my employer so it helps make my monthly payment a little easier.  One thing my family did to help cut costs was that we did away with our land-line phone.  No one ever called me on it, except Comcast to try and sell me services that I already had with them (LOL), so that reduced my bills by about 70 bucks a month.  I get great service on all my phones all of the time, even inside my home. 

It's a big decision if you are like most folks on a budget.  Perhaps getting one smartphone line like a Blackberry for now to try and see if you like it might be an answer.  Whatever you decide, good luck.

Doc

0 Likes