Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Blackberry Family data plan question
regionalceleb

Ive been thinking about upgrading to blackberry' for my wife and I.  I know I need a personal use data plan for 30 dollars but my question is does each phone need its own plan since its under our family plan? Or will I be forking out an extra 60 bucks?

Thanks for the help guys, never had a black berry so Im trying to make the best decision.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Family data plan question
StreetDocRN
Leader
Leader

Hi,

Welcome to the forums.  I have a BB data plan with 3 lines...90 bucks.  I hope that answers your question.  Also the data plan does not cover text messaging.  Make sure you get a Family Select plan that will include "all you can eat" text messaging.

Doc

0 Likes
regionalceleb

Thanks for the response !

I was afraid of that answer

I do have the family plan select which covers texting

Id like to upgrade just dont see paying 30 bucks perline for it

I get 20% off my bill but still just cant see it

Thanks again for the response !

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Leader
Leader

Hi there again,

I agree, it's a big price jump in your bill.  It's not for everybody.  However, if a smartphone is in your plans, ie, a Blackberry or a Windows Mobile based phone, you will be required an extra data plan.  Plans for all smartphones are the same I believe at 30 bucks per line.  I too get an employee discount through my employer so it helps make my monthly payment a little easier.  One thing my family did to help cut costs was that we did away with our land-line phone.  No one ever called me on it, except Comcast to try and sell me services that I already had with them (LOL), so that reduced my bills by about 70 bucks a month.  I get great service on all my phones all of the time, even inside my home. 

It's a big decision if you are like most folks on a budget.  Perhaps getting one smartphone line like a Blackberry for now to try and see if you like it might be an answer.  Whatever you decide, good luck.

Doc

0 Likes