Blackberry Keyone
DONUT_1216

Will Verizon EVER sell or support any BLACKBERRY products such as the KEYONE. If so, when ??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Keyone
DickLewis
Contributor - Level 3

Gave up waiting for VZW to get the KEYone. Purchased mine from Best Buy.

One sweet phone.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

It’s GSM only, what carrier are you using it on?

0 Likes
DickLewis
Contributor - Level 3

Best Buy carries GSM and CDMA

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?st=keyone+verizon&_dyncharset=UTF-8&id=pcat17071&type=pa...

Purchased mine when they had $100.00 off special.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's certainly important to be able to use a device that you love, DONUT_1216. At this time we do not have more information regarding the BlackBerry KEYone. Our current smartphone device lineup includes Android and iOS devices. We take customer feedback very seriously and I appreciate your input. While we can't confirm that we will carry this device in the future, you can enter your information here http://vz.to/2nNlkx4 to be the first to know about our new products in the meantime. I hope this is beneficial.

LaurenC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ROGERDEANT

Upgraded from the Priv to the Keyone.  Love the phone.  2 day battery life.  Purchased unlocked version for Verizon at Best Buy.  Just swap the simm cards.  No issues.   Run GSM and lte/cdma.  In my area usually stay on CDMA cell service.  Great phone.  Waiting to upgrade my wife to the new Motion since she is not into keyboard.  Hard to beat at the price compared to the main name brands. 

0 Likes
DickLewis
Contributor - Level 3

Waiting for a CDMA Motion also. So far no go.

0 Likes
Ms-Mon
Enthusiast - Level 2

As am I......

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Dick Lewis wrote:

Waiting for a CDMA Motion also. So far no go.

Why when Verizon is phasing out CDMA by Dec 31 2019 and won't allow CDMA only devices to be activated on it's network after June 30th 2018.

0 Likes
DickLewis
Contributor - Level 3

It's simple really when you remember that these BlackBerry phones that have CDMA are NOT CDMA only.

My KEYone is CDMA and unlocked GSM, therefore should Verizon flip a switch that CDMA no longer works,

likely a new SIM and phone would work because it is also GSM.

VZW first announced they would drop CDMA around 2014, so not holding my breath. So if I want a BlackBerry Motion, for now at least, we need CDMA.

0 Likes