All I can do is tell you how to do it in the Storm, and I would think it would be the same, in the Pearl. Verizon stores are also open Sundays, you could call or go by to double check. Turn off phone remove bat. door cover then pull bat., you will see a small ,( mine is black and has SanDisk written on it,) flat 1" x 1/2" you slide it back if you already have one and you are trying to install a larger memory one, if not it will be a chrome, SS, looking opening same size I gave you and you put it in with the words showing up. It will have a straight edge on the back side, there is a imprint of the way it should look sliding in. Then using your finger nail slide it into place. Replace bat., door and turn on unit.
On the 8130 Pearl, to insert a media card, follow these instructions:
1. Facing the device, look at the left side of the phone.
2. Lift the edge of the cover for the media card slot.
3. Rotate the cover 180 degrees.
4. Slide the media card into the slot so that the media card clicks into place.
5. Rotate the cover for the media card slot so that the peg on the cover fits into the small hole on your device and the cover lies flat.
6. To remove the card, repeat step two and press in on the card and it will release partially from the slot and you can grasp it with your fingers to remove.
8. Make sure you use a Micros SD card. On the Pearl 8130, which runs OS version 4.5, I believe you can run up to an 8 Gb card.
Hope this helps,
I'd like to add a couple of details to the other posts, as I had a hard time figuring it out even with that help. This is for models without an existing Micro SD card. I bought a 4GB SanDisk at Staples for $13.
Hope that helps.
That works for the curve, but not the pearl. The Pearl has the memory card slot on the side of the phone.
See my post for the 8130 Pearl from earlier in this thread. I'm pretty sure I answered the original author's question.
Once the media card is in how do I save the photos that are on my phone to the media card so I can transfer my photos to my new phone the tour? Thanks