Blackberry Pearl 8130 radio keeps turning off
lbinks4683

I have the blackberry pearl and just recently the radio has been turning off.  I have to go in manually each time, but I never know when it is happening.  This is my only phone, no landline, so I need it available all the time.  Please help me.  How do I fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Pearl 8130 radio keeps turning off
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

Interesting. Have you tried pulling the battery a couple times? Usually the phone will automatically shutdown the radio if you're low on power.

0 Likes
lbinks4683

Yes I have pulled the battery many times.  Every ten minutes or so the radio is off and I have no idea.  When it started happening my battery was at 80%.

0 Likes
lbinks4683
Any other suggestions?
0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

I couldn't find anything about it being a known issue. There isn't a Blackberry Knowledge Base article. You can try looking around the Blackberry Support Forums

Or you can also try updating your software with this link: http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/devices/#tab_tab_update

0 Likes
Coachbulldog

What do you mean by radio? Slacker, Flycast, etc....

0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3

The radio in a mobile device is the part that sends and receives data and call signals.

Maybe you just have no signal where you are and your phone is shutting it down to conserve power.

0 Likes