Blackberry Pearl - Emails, TxtMsgs disappear once received
accordionista

Hello all,

My e-mails and text messages seem to disappear once they are received on my Blackberry Pearl. The red asterisk appears once I receive an e-mail or text message, then disappears within seconds (along with the e-mail and text message).

I've already tried sending service books to check if I'm receiving e-mails, but once they arrive, they also disappear!  I've also done a *228 to refresh my roaming signal.

I'm at my wits end and need some help...has anyone else experienced this, or is it just me?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Pearl - Emails, TxtMsgs disappear once received
SoccerRef
Contributor - Level 3

I don't have a Pearl, but check your Email General Options. There are options to hide Read & Sent messages (Inbox, Options, General Options). Personally, I do not hide these as your inbox can quickly fill up degrading your device memory. I am ruthless in deleting emails unless they contain passwords or verification codes I want to save.

SoccerRef

0 Likes
Kimberly_Nicole
Contributor - Level 2

Hi :smileyhappy:   I hope I understand correctly.  that your emails and other messages automatically delete once you receive them.   I would try to go into your Messaging option on your phone and click the menu option to go into settings.  There should be an option for you to check the settings of your received messages.

If that does not work:

How long has this been going on?

Did you do any updates or download any applications before this starting going on?

Waiting on your reply.

Thanks!

0 Likes
accordionista

Hi Kimberly,

Thanks for responding. I did go to my setttings for e-mail/messages and there is no option to check settings for received messages. There are only the following selections:

*Create User Name

*Language

*View End User Agreement

*Email Accounts

*Help

*Close

The newest frustration that started today is that my Blackberry Pearl is now freezing up (the hourglass icon spins randomly and I'm not even touching any of the keys).  This has been happening for the last 2 weeks.

I haven't downloaded any apps nor have done any updates recently (the last roaming update was last month).  I'm eligible for an upgrade on a new smartphone (I'm thinking of the Droid) and thinking that this is my Blackberry's way of saying it's time for me to get rid of it and upgrade.

Suggestions?

~Ron

0 Likes
accordionista

Hey SoccerRef,

Thanks for the suggestion...I'll try it out and see what happens. I'm also very good about deleting my messages right away, and like you, saving just the important e-mails and texts that I need to access on my Blackberry Pearl.

~Accordionista

0 Likes
Butthead
Contributor - Level 2

Check how much free memory you have. Do a battery pull. There is a memory leak issue on the Pearls. Once memory hits zero, it auto deletes txts, emails, call logs, etc.

0 Likes
accordionista

BH,

You have hit the nail right on the head... my txts, emails, call logs (and even my Facebook updates) automatically delete once they are received.

Thx for the suggestion...how do I check on my Pearl to see how much free memory I have?  I have done a battery pull several times, and the problem still continues.  I have even done a *228 to re-initialize roaming and doing a battery pull after that...still no resolution.  I'm at my wits end and about to throw this **bleep** phone at the wall!

0 Likes