Blackberry Pearl Keeps shutting off all connections?
stc0926

Any suggestions - my phone started cutting off connections today. It will not stay on. I have removed the battery and let the phone restart. Is there a fix or is my phone just dead? It's about 2 years old.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Pearl Keeps shutting off all connections?
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

stc0926 wrote:

Any suggestions - my phone started cutting off connections today. It will not stay on. I have removed the battery and let the phone restart. Is there a fix or is my phone just dead? It's about 2 years old.

Hi,

If I understand your post, your phone keeps losing power?  If that is your problem, try a new battery if yours is 2 years old.  If what you are saying is that your phone can not keep connected to a signal to a tower and you keep dropping calls and data, then try to update your PRL by dialing *228 and selecting option 2.  This might fix that problem.  Sorry I didn't understand what you meant to say, but hopefully one of the two helps.

Doc

0 Likes
DJ_Boxer
Contributor - Level 1

What they are saying is that the Radio and Bluetooth keep automatically shutting down to where as per the radio where the signal would be on screen it would say "off".  If this phone is two years old, I'd suggest upgrading to another phone, I had these same problems on the Curve 1 but not on my Tour.

DJ

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

DJ,

Thanks for clarifying it for me.  Another thing the OP could do is to update the OS for the device to the latest official release.  It might fix some of the problems.

Doc

0 Likes