Blackberry Ports
misstori1

My charging port came out (I'm assuming) and I am no longer able to charge my phone. I was told I have to buy a new phone

but I found ports availble online and was wondering if one could just stick a new port in as opposed to buying a whole new phone?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Ports
Spiral
Master - Level 1

What model Blackberry do you have?  Many can use a charging pod that does not need the USB port to be functional.

0 Likes
misstori1

I have the SmartPhone Curve. Is there a specific name for those charging pods? / Thanks for helping.

0 Likes
Spiral
Master - Level 1

misstori1 wrote:

I have the SmartPhone Curve. Is there a specific name for those charging pods? / Thanks for helping.

If you have a curve 8330 model I know there is a charging pod available.  Just search amazon for "8330 charging pod".

For one of the newer model curve phones, I am not as sure if they are compatible.  I will keep looking.

Update:  I found that the 8530 & 9330 curve models do not have the contacts on the outside/bottom of the housing to accomadate a charging pod.  Hopefully you have a 8330 model.

If your phone is one of the newer models (8530 or 9330) it should still be under warranty and maybe you could take it in to Verizon for replacement.

0 Likes
misstori1

Nice. I'll get on it; thanks again!

0 Likes
SoccerRef
Contributor - Level 3

They do make desktop charging pods for the 8530 & 9330. Same pod will work on either BB. Hope this helps. A lot cheaper than buying a new case. You can also sync your BB with the one I saw at Accessory Geeks.

0 Likes
Spiral
Master - Level 1

SoccerRef wrote:

They do make desktop charging pods for the 8530 & 9330. Same pod will work on either BB. Hope this helps. A lot cheaper than buying a new case. You can also sync your BB with the one I saw at Accessory Geeks.

Question is, will it work with a damaged micro USB port?

0 Likes
SoccerRef
Contributor - Level 3

I don't have one, but they normally connect through a special back cover. This one says that you can charge and sync at the same time if it is connected through the computer. It is shown on the website without cables attached to the micro USB port, which would defeat the purpose of a charging pod.

0 Likes
jodyreds

How'd it work out for you?

I'm in a similar boat only it has more holes in it! I have a pearl 8130 and its portless- anything you learned that might work for me if you could let me know would be greatly appreciated

0 Likes
Spiral
Master - Level 1

jodyreds wrote:

How'd it work out for you?

I'm in a similar boat only it has more holes in it! I have a pearl 8130 and its portless- anything you learned that might work for me if you could let me know would be greatly appreciated

Pearl 8130 does have contacts on the back of the phone for a charging pod.  I put a link to one in your other thread.

0 Likes