Blackberry Priv Coming to Verizon!!!???
Galvand
Enthusiast - Level 3

So we all want to know when we will see a blackberry priv. Is there a Verizon customer support out there that knows this or is there somebody who knows the secret to this question?

When the Passport came out I could not wait to get my hands on one of these devices, then I find out that verizon does not carry it on their lame network. So now the opportunity has arrived again and I feel that people on verizon network who like BB will be left out again.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Blackberry Priv Coming to Verizon!!!???
Snn5
Legend

No, the Priv is not coming to Verizon or any CDMA carrier.  ShopBlackBerry Online Store - Shopping Cart

Reference the bold red font near the bottom.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

No, the Priv is not coming to Verizon or any CDMA carrier.  ShopBlackBerry Online Store - Shopping Cart

Reference the bold red font near the bottom.

0 Likes
Galvand
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah I saw that this morning but whos to say that they didn't make one just for Verizon to sell, since you cant get an unlocked phone and put it on Verizon network?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Given past record, I doubt BB created a whole other model with CDMA support.  Doesn't make much sense in this day and age not to include that support.  IOW, if they planned on doing so, it would be in this model.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Galvand wrote:

Yeah I saw that this morning but whos to say that they didn't make one just for Verizon to sell, since you cant get an unlocked phone and put it on Verizon network?

You can put an unlocked phone on Verizon:  Nexus 6, 5X, 5P, Moto X Pure 2015, etc....  As long as the phone supports CDMA and uses the same bands and frequencies that Verizon uses, usually there is no issue.

jamesonnorth
Enthusiast - Level 2

Traditionally what happens is BlackBerry will release an unlocked phone that will be compatible with the vast majority of carriers worldwide (GSM carriers, including T-Mobile and AT&T), and then the CDMA carriers will have their own version they will sell.  If a phone is compatible with 90% of all phone operators, it makes sense for BlackBerry to sell one unlocked so people have freedom of choice and can purchase it without a contract or payment plan and be locked to a carrier.  For the CDMA-based carriers like Verizon and Sprint, it makes much less sense to purchase a phone outright off contract and not on a payment plan, because you have much less option for switching carriers, if any at all.

So, you'll see the unlocked device on ShopBlackberry, and soon after, we'll see one pop up for Verizon, on Verizon's site.

Snn5
Legend

Oh, OK...I just haven't seen this happen since the Classic or Storm.

0 Likes
Galvand
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is good news! The only question is now. When?

If we could create some kind of excitment with verizon, or enough support then maybe they would think about getting it out faster. love the BB10 system hands down the best out there. But lack of apps, mainly my football and fantasy, is why i went to iphone.

0 Likes
Galvand
Enthusiast - Level 3

Its good to see that there are still BB fans out there that will get involved in this discussion, Thanks guys!

Snn5
Legend

Wait, you marked this thread as a question not a discussion.  Please don't think Verizon will offer this Priv or that BB will create a CDMA version.

0 Likes