Blackberry Storm 2 - File Download Size
andyf1326

If I have someone send me a file larger than 2.9 Meg...I cant save the file from their email.  I get a file limit pop-up message saying that the file exceeds the 2.9 Meg limit.

Is there an option to increase this limit?  Or, is this a limit of the data plan and Verizon?

Weird...there are a lot of docs that can be bigger than 2.9 meg.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Storm 2 - File Download Size
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

andyf1326 wrote:

If I have someone send me a file larger than 2.9 Meg...I cant save the file from their email.  I get a file limit pop-up message saying that the file exceeds the 2.9 Meg limit.

Is there an option to increase this limit?  Or, is this a limit of the data plan and Verizon?

Weird...there are a lot of docs that can be bigger than 2.9 meg.

Thanks!

Hi,

To answer your question, yes there is a 3mb size limit per attachment with a 2mb limit for the size of the email itself.  This can not be changed by the user or any carrier.  It is set by RIM in the Blackberry Internet Service.  One option would be to compress the file and email it with a program such as pkzip or winzip.  Obviously these programs do not work on the Blackberry, but if you wanted to send a zipped file to someone they could recieve it, move it from their Blackberry then to a computer.

Doc

0 Likes