Blackberry Storm 2 release date
mstcb57

I just noticed that the price of the blackberry storm dropped $100 over the weekend.

Is this a sign that the storm 2 will be released sooner than later this year?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Storm 2 release date
nmchileman
Master - Level 3
A very good sign, indeed.
0 Likes
Stormster

Storm 2 ? 

so that means it will be twice the problems that the Storm was ?

0 Likes
mstcb57

I now noticed on the phonearena website that the storm 2 is slated for

release oct/nov 09. Would it be worth it to wait for this new release or

get the current storm now? I like the look of the Tour but am a bigger

fan of the touchscreen that the storm has. Any suggestions??

0 Likes
risu
Contributor - Level 3
I'd wait until the Storm 2... and possibly wait to see what initial reviews are incase there are similar software issues like the Storm had.
0 Likes
LOWFLYER
Contributor - Level 2

Wait for #2!  The Storm 1 is a crapshoot on whether or not you'll get a good one at time of purchase.  I love mine and I got lucky I guess, but don't get stuck with old hardware when the new stuff is right around the corner?  They'll have had almost a year now to right some wrongs with the first one.  As always good BB maintenance practices are vital in keeping any BB running smoothly, some more than others and I really think this is where the big disconnect is with a lot of BB customers who don't do research or read up on how to use the phone properly.  "Smartphones" are different than "dumbphones" in that they run more like a computer than a cellphone and as such require shutting down of applications after use and soft resets on a daily/weekly basis to regain memory and performance. 

-Justin

A "Quickpull" a day keeps the lag away.
Get it here---> {no third party software/apps links please}

Serving proudly, USAF, Land of the free because of the brave.

Message Edited by WendyM on 07-21-2009 01:43 PM
0 Likes
Stormster

"research or read up on how to use the phone properly "

This might tell you how to remove the battery so that it will work for more than a couple of hours :smileyhappy:

"Smartphones" are different than "dumbphones" in that they run more like a computer than a cellphone and as such require shutting down of applications after use and soft resets on a daily/weekly basis to regain memory and performance. "

Seriously ?  Windows OS vs BlackBerry OS ?  yeah almost the same thing.

0 Likes
LOWFLYER
Contributor - Level 2
R you going to follow me to every thread?  By the way, you're just conceding my point, and thank you for that.  Win Mob and BB OS are very similar yes but we already knew that.........welcome to yesterday.:smileyindifferent:
0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3

Production is suppose to ramp up next month and Nov looks like a good date for release:smileywink:

BTW you can check out a  Storm 2"ODIN" being used on the frontpage of Crackberry.

0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3

Nevermind RIM made them pull the video. I hear its on Youtube though.

0 Likes