Blackberry Storm 9530 v5.0.0.328 Bluetooth sucks
Tuck68

When I upgraded to the new OS, the Bluetooth audio connection to my laptop completely fails. Worked great in 4.7 but now the computer will not connect to the phone and then the phone "White screen of deaths" and reboots. The reboot is so fast I can't see what the error is. I've also gotten a bunch of WSODs on the phone since the upgrade for a variety of reasons.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Storm 9530 v5.0.0.328 Bluetooth sucks
JCM
Enthusiast - Level 3
hello Tuck68, well don't know what WSODs is but looks to me that it probably means?? wipe security or downgrade OS. Because that's what I would do....hey hope this helps...Have A Good One.
0 Likes
SaNDman
Contributor - Level 3

How about deleting the Bluetooth audio connection to computer, and try pairing Storm and computer again? Don't know WSODs are.:smileysurprised:

0 Likes
Tuck68

Tried to delete and re-do the audio gateway multiple times. No dice.

Sorry - the "White Screen of Death" is this white screen with atom sized text that you can't possibly read without a magnifying glass. It shows up for a split second and then poof, the phone hard reboots.

The 4.7 version I had never had reboots like this. I'm not only getting it from Bluetooth configuration. It also happens randomly when I'm listening to podcasts, sending Blackberry Messenger messages, etc.

I like the new features in the new version but it's so unstable on my phone, I don't trust it. The only other thing I can do is completely erase the phone and try a fresh install, but I'm really doubtful and don't want to keep wasting time to make this work.

0 Likes
SaNDman
Contributor - Level 3

Someone in another forum suggested try removing the SIM card from you Storm, to stop random reboots. SIM card on Verizon is not needed. (CDMA) SIM is only for storing contacts and roaming on GSM network (AT&T). I had reboot problems on previous version v148, so I took it out and no rebooting. But since the new OS v5.0.0.328, I put the SIM card back, no problems of phone rebooting. (Reason I put SIM back because it will cure other problems with new OS.) But if you had no problems with previous OS, then maybe downgrade back? :smileysurprised:

0 Likes
SaNDman
Contributor - Level 3

Sorry I meant when I put back SIM I "thought" it will cure problems with new OS. It did not, I had to do something else.:smileysad:

0 Likes
jdjacks

Ever since I upgraded the software the phone doesn't bluetooth synch properly with my pioneer AVIC Z2 when I get in the vehicle. Keeps showing it is in a call when the blue tooth connects. have tried resynching from scratch. no luck

0 Likes
Ironspirit

My wife and I each have the "Storm" BlackBerry. We just recently upgraded the software as we were prompted. Now, both phones disconnect from each of our cars bluetooth system. They both show a call in progress also. **bleep**! When we try calling out, the phone rings several times, (just enough for someone to pick up), and then drops the call.

My business associates and customers are starting to get upset when I attempt to call them and it disconnect. I can afford to loose business.

We either need a fix for this or need to get back to the previous software. HELP!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!

0 Likes