Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
Blackberry Storm Update 5.0 SMS
tlaj66

I would like to know if anyone has found a way to return the SMS Experience back similar to v4.7.  I am not a fan of the SMS "upgraded" version with conversation.  I have tried every setting I could find and even had the local store look into it.  Unless someone has an idea (or Verizon can make it an option) I will go back to v4.7 if I have to.  The update for me isn't worth it so far.  Below is a quote from the update information.

From the Update info:

SMS Experience

Has been adapted to emulate the chat windows you’re familiar with in popular desktop IM applications. The new Messages list interface threads incoming and outgoing SMS communications as a conversation history, with support for emoticons and contact information from your address book— including pictures.  (When you delete a SMS message it deletes both sent and received)

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Storm Update 5.0 SMS
jlee12

It only deletes all messages in the initial SMS screen. If u want to delete specific messages within a chat, u first need to open the chat u wish to edit. Then touch the message u want to delete, press the menu key, and select delete. Why on Earth would u want to go back to 4.7??? I love the conversation style. On my last phone, I would have to go back and forth between inbox and outbox to review a conversation. How annoying!!!

0 Likes