Blackberry Storm activation question
drewdown757

I am about to purchase a original blackberry storm off of craigslist with a clear esn but doesnt come with a sim card.  Am i still able to activate for verizon network without sim or am i gonna have to go buy one from the verizon store?  And if i have to buy one they will be able to sell me one and activate it for the phpone right? Thankyou for the help

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Storm activation question
Natashia86
Contributor - Level 1

A SIM card is not required to activate a Blackberry Storm however; if you planned on using the device overseas, a SIM card would be necessary.

A SIM card can be purchased for the Blackberry Storm at any Verizon Wireless direct retail store.

If you need to find the nearest Verizon Wireless direct retail store, I have provided our store locator below:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/storelocator/index.jsp

I hope this information was helpful. 

0 Likes
moates
Contributor - Level 3

A SIM card is not required to activate a Blackberry Storm however; if you planned on using the device overseas, a SIM card would be necessary.

A SIM card can be purchased for the Blackberry Storm at any Verizon Wireless direct retail store.

If you need to find the nearest Verizon Wireless direct retail store, I have provided our store locator below:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/storelocator/index.jsp

I hope this information was helpful.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

:smileyvery-happy:

I think Verizon employees must all get the same set of macros.....

And to the OP - be sure it is branded Verizon and will work on Verizon's network.  If it is a phone that needs the SIM card and is a GSM phone, it will not work on Verizon's network.  As the employees stated, the only time Verizon phones will use a SIM card is overseas.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

I took my Sim card out of my Blackberry Bold after I bought it.  That shows you how much you need it.  Nada. 

Doc

0 Likes