Blackberry Storm error code O x 80040fb3 with wired calendar sync on microsoft vista
befanning

My contacts sync.

My calendar does not. 

My error message is: Error encountered.  Error code - 0 x 80040fb3.  Check documentation.

How do I resolve this problem?

Thanks for all help, Barbara

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Storm error code O x 80040fb3 with wired calendar sync on microsoft vista
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

Based off the hex code it gives you: 0x80040FB3 I found a Blackberry Knowledge Base article that pertains to your issue. You can read about it here

0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Storm error code O x 80040fb3 with wired calendar sync on microsoft vista
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Make sure you are using the latest versions of Blackberry Desktop software and that your device's OS software is up to date. 

0 Likes
ScubaBeMe

I just resolved my issue, which was on XP but the symptoms sound identical.  Mine turned out to be an apparently corrupted (really old) recurring appointment in my Outlook calendar.  I was able to determine which by noting that the sync was always trying to "add" something, and the error occurred on the same item number every time.  I "viewed" the sync items it came up with, took note of which item was an "add," deleted it, synced (successfully for the first time), re-added the appointment, synced again.

0 Likes