Re: Blackberry Storm malfuntion maybe?
SaNDman
Contributor - Level 3

Are the metal contacts on the battery and Storm free of corrosion, or moisture, etc.? It would cause overheating. Also, if you have the original battery, not generic battery, it must be defective. Try get new battery from Verizon.:smileywink:

0 Likes
LOWFLYER
Contributor - Level 2

Occasionally my Storm will nuke the battery and a simple "QUICKPULL" is all I need to solve the issues.  I think it's when one of the programs in the phone decides to do its own thing and just starts sappin the life out of it which of course runs it down much faster. 

0 Likes
SureTypeBandit
Enthusiast - Level 3

esplen wrote:

Okay I got my Storm last month and the past couple of days I've hardly used it execpt to text for maybe thirty mins and I charge it everynight! Though by 10 am its batteries down to half and its heating up where I can feel it through my cloths. Is there a malfuntion or is the battery just messed up? The only thing I can do really is turn it off. Any help?

I would look at the blackberry forums.  Also in your literature there are tips to ensure you get longer battery life like make your screen not as bright, having the backlight come on sooner.  And like these guys have mentioned, make sure you dont have a ton of apps running in the background.  I know that for me, i get a good day or two out of my battery, unless im talking on the phone alot (i do more texting than anything) then forget it, phone usage flushes my battery down the toilet.

0 Likes