Blackberry Storm spontaneously reboots
mtwyank1

I just got my second BB Storm 2 months ago and it spontaneously reboots several times a day .  I need my Blackberry for my business and must get this problem fixed ASAP.  I synch it daily with my Desktop Manager program on my computer and take the battery out regularly.   This has had no effect .  Any advice out there?  Thanks!

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Storm spontaneously reboots
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

mtwyank1 wrote:

I just got my second BB Storm 2 months ago and it spontaneously reboots several times a day .  I need my Blackberry for my business and must get this problem fixed ASAP.  I synch it daily with my Desktop Manager program on my computer and take the battery out regularly.   This has had no effect .  Any advice out there?  Thanks!

Hi,

I have been trying to keep track of this problem on different Blackberry devices and have found that in most cases it is a software problem caused by a 3rd party app.  For example, on my device, a Tour, I have 5.0 OS loaded and it was being caused by Google Sync.  I disabled that program for now and no more random reboots.

Doc

0 Likes
Geocritter

I concur with Doc... 

I found that with my BB Curve, some themes (Hedone Design themes, to be specific, tend to be my biggest offenders)  have a nasty tendancy to cause my phone to reboot on it's own, as well as a few odd other "gremlins".   

0 Likes
bauerod

I am on my second BB Storm 2 because of the same issue.  Mine seems to reboot after a call is ended or more frequently when setting the phone on my desk.  Today I have had this happen 5 or 6 times.  I have wiped the phone clean and used it without restoring any information but that doesn't seem to help.  

I really don't want to get my 3rd phone and have this happen again.  Does anybody know if you can request a different model when this happens??

0 Likes
StoneTeam

When a phone is a problem, VZW policy is to send you a "refurbished" phone.   That is a problem to me because you are taking a known bad phone, trying to fix it, then sending it back out.  They did this on my Storm 1 which I kept in perfect condition, and sent me one in worse condition.   Their solution to continuing problems is to send me another refurbished phone, or I can buy a new phone.  My problems are well documented on forums ( battery, charging, lock ups ) and occured when the 5.0 software was first introduced. 

Your options will most likely be 1) another refurbished phone, 2) buy a new phone, or 3) go to a different carrier.   I'm sure none of those are very attractive.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

StoneTeam wrote:

When a phone is a problem, VZW policy is to send you a "refurbished" phone.   That is a problem to me because you are taking a known bad phone, trying to fix it, then sending it back out.  They did this on my Storm 1 which I kept in perfect condition, and sent me one in worse condition.   Their solution to continuing problems is to send me another refurbished phone, or I can buy a new phone.  My problems are well documented on forums ( battery, charging, lock ups ) and occured when the 5.0 software was first introduced. 

Your options will most likely be 1) another refurbished phone, 2) buy a new phone, or 3) go to a different carrier.   I'm sure none of those are very attractive.

It is not only Verizon's policy. I mean other cell phone companies do the exact same thing. If going through warranty, most all cell phone providers will send out a refurbished phone.It is cheaper and more affordable to do that.

0 Likes
Gavin

I hate that VZW does that.  I have the Moto QM9 and on my third one and say I pretty much have to buy a new phone.  Keep sending my a refurb doing the same thing!!  VZW need to do better.

0 Likes
mtwyank1

Thanks for the suggestions.  I have taken off all the apps I don't use regularly, but it has made no difference.  The Blackberry still spontaneously reboots.  The thought of getting a refurbished replacement is not attractive.  My last Storm did not have this problem.  I still have it.  Do you think Verizon would consider transferring my account back to my old BB?

0 Likes
cosis1

My Curve did this. I sent it back for a new one.

0 Likes