Blackberry Style
SFTraveler

I have an LG ENV Touch but have always preferred the flip style phone and would love to get the new Blackberry Style.  Unfortunately, it appears that only Sprint is offering the Style and I don't want to switch from Verizon.  If I could find and purchase a Style through, say, EBay, would be possible to use it with the Verizon network?  Alternatively, is it possible that after a time the Style will become avaialble through Verizon?   

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Blackberry Style
Spiral
Master - Level 1

SFTraveler wrote:

I have an LG ENV Touch but have always preferred the flip style phone and would love to get the new Blackberry Style.  Unfortunately, it appears that only Sprint is offering the Style and I don't want to switch from Verizon.  If I could find and purchase a Style through, say, EBay, would be possible to use it with the Verizon network?  Alternatively, is it possible that after a time the Style will become avaialble through Verizon?   

Thanks!

You will NOT be able to activate a Sprint brand phone (or any other brand) on the Verizon network.  CDMA carriers do not allow alternate brands on their networks and there is no workaround.

There have not been any rumors of the Style coming to Verizon (at least that I have seen) but my best guess (and hope) is that Verizon will pick up the Style.  It looks like a good BB phone for users that like a flip style phone and it has a full QWERTY keyboard.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Spiral
Master - Level 1

SFTraveler wrote:

Thanks!

You will NOT be able to activate a Sprint brand phone (or any other brand) on the Verizon network.  CDMA carriers do not allow alternate brands on their networks and there is no workaround.

There have not been any rumors of the Style coming to Verizon (at least that I have seen) but my best guess (and hope) is that Verizon will pick up the Style.  It looks like a good BB phone for users that like a flip style phone and it has a full QWERTY keyboard.

0 Likes
SFTraveler

Thanks for the response.  I sure hope Verizon does eventually get the BB Style, from the reviews it will be a really good fit for my usage.

0 Likes
Tinarn2

Spiral wrote:

SFTraveler wrote:

It looks like a good BB phone for users that like a flip style phone and it has a full QWERTY keyboard.

I agree... I think there's a great market in people like me upgrading from phones like the Samsung Alias 2...I really hope they get it.

0 Likes