Blackberry Texting/Network Issues
BFrench

ok is anyone else having phone issues right now? I have the blackberry curve and I can send out texts just fine but no one is getting them...well I take that back...some people are getting them. I called Verizon yesterday and they said nothing is wrong with their network etc. So it was working just fine for a while and then it stopped again so i went into Verizon last night and they claim it is a blackberry network issue....they said a lot of people have complained of this same problem this week...texting/emailing/facebook issues etc. Any thought? it is starting to really annoy me!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Texting/Network Issues
mwat

I am having the same issue.  It's been since I upgraded my OS on Sunday.  If people text me first, they can view my text messages, but if I start the conversation off they aren't getting anything from me, though it's "delivering" on my end?

0 Likes
BFrench

yep the exact same problem I am having and it also started after I did my update Monday morning.

0 Likes
SMacMillen

I have had the same problem since 10 SEP.  I have now spent over 3 hours on the phone with various tech reps.  I have taken the battery out so many times its not funny.   My texting woes began when I got the bb curve.  I  had no problems with the LG Cosmos I had before that.  They have tried other phones under my number.  Phone has been security wiped, updated, reactivated, you name it - I have tried it.  They claim that the network said the texts went through, well I can tell you that they were never received. But the rep didn't want to hear that.    I spent money to replace my phone after they said it was the phone.  Have gone through tier 1 and tier 2.  Now they say it is the other peoples devices and they want me to contact them so Verizon can troubleshoot their devices.  I said no way....it's not them.  Mine works, but 8 other numbers are having problems...really now!  I finally asked for a supervisor and the guy tap danced.  Told him if they didn't fix the problem, I wanted the money back from my phone and my contract terminated with no early termination fee.  They are not holding up their end of the bargain on the contract.  I pay a lot of money for my service and would like to use it.

0 Likes
tburlingham13

I had the same problem and when I called customer support they said that it isn't even registering on their server that I am sending a text so they sent the problem through to engineering to see what the problem is.

0 Likes
samdil

Same has been happening with my phone -- has anyone found a solution yet?

0 Likes
lbnx2

I began experiencing the same problem after the software update.  Spending an hour with tech support didn't fix it but I went into a local verizon wireless store and we figured out that with the software update you can no longer have numbers saved with a 1 in front of the area code or the texts won't go through.  I now have to go through my entire contacts and delete the number 1.   It is working now though.  

0 Likes
Ghawk77

I had the same problem on friday. After spending over an hour on the phone with vzw and doing all kind of bb woodoo, they are sending me a new phone on Monday. I've tried removing the battery and removing 1 in the contact list and it doesn't work. The only txt messages I can send is to vzw customers, anybody else is {word filter avoidance}
. Although, anyone else can send me a message and I will get it!

0 Likes
aries49erfan

I'm having the same problem!

0 Likes
Tamika1
Contributor - Level 1

There have been issues with texting on the BB and Tech are aware of the issue. They are currently working on getting the issue resolved. The work around for the issue is when sending a text message addressed with 1+ area code, whether dialed manually or from the contact list, the destination address is prepended with 011 and fails. The workaround is to delete any current conversation threads and address the message with 10 digits only. The customer should also edit any contacts to only 10 digits as well.

0 Likes