Blackberry Tour 9630 BBM help!!!
knailnhair

I can't seem to download my BB Messenger...I go to Menu, Instant Messanger, Blackberry Messanger and when I click on it my options are Get Link, Copy Link or Cancel. Now I've clicked on Get Link 400 times last night. What am I doing wrong?

Help! My previous phone was the orignal Envy!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Tour 9630 BBM help!!!
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

knailnhair wrote:

I can't seem to download my BB Messenger...I go to Menu, Instant Messanger, Blackberry Messanger and when I click on it my options are Get Link, Copy Link or Cancel. Now I've clicked on Get Link 400 times last night. What am I doing wrong?

Help! My previous phone was the orignal Envy!

I understand you want to download and install Blackberry Messenger?  If so, open your browser and surf to www.blackberry.com/messenger and download from there. 

Doc

0 Likes
knailnhair

Thanks Doc....it gives me a message saying

"Blackberry Messenger:Research In Motion Limited" contains a module called "net_rim_bb_qm_peer." A module with that name already exists in the "blackberry messenger" application. If you proceed, "blackberry messenger" will be replaced by "Blackberry Messenger:Research In Motion Limited" Proceed? Yes or No? If I select NO, it cancels the download.

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

knailnhair wrote:

Thanks Doc....it gives me a message saying

"Blackberry Messenger:Research In Motion Limited" contains a module called "net_rim_bb_qm_peer." A module with that name already exists in the "blackberry messenger" application. If you proceed, "blackberry messenger" will be replaced by "Blackberry Messenger:Research In Motion Limited" Proceed? Yes or No? If I select NO, it cancels the download.

Of course it cancels the download. Going to that link ensures you have the latest version of Blackberry Messenger. The current version is 5.0.0.57. If you have a lower verison you want to go ahead and click YES to complete the download and install the latest version.

0 Likes
AJames

That link does make sure you have the latest version, and yes you should deff upgrade to it,  and you should pick yes for both of the popups during the install (there should be 2 if not 3). However your tour did come preloaded with an older version of it, it should work just by selecting the icon from within your apps screens, you /shouldnt/ be given a "get link" option anyways.

0 Likes