Blackberry Tour 9630 - Trackball Issue Ignored by BB
rcn400

Does anyone know if there has ever been a true fix for the horizontal trackball issue on the BB Tour 9630? I have read countless blogs about customers getting "quick-fixes" and/or replacement phones ("Green Dot" phones, etc.) only to have the same problem occur. I have also tried the fruitless changing of the trackball sensitivity settings and even the pathetic "roll the ball across a white piece of paper" trick.

I'm reasonably sure that there is no fix, unless a second wave of phones have been manufactured with actual hardware changes to the ball and friction points (ie., the ball actually touches the friction points when it is rolled horizontally--that would be a novel touch). It is really getting on my nerves now that I have lived with it for a number of months. If this is how BB addresses a major screw-up in manufacturing, then the iPhone is looking better and better to me....

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Tour 9630 - Trackball Issue Ignored by BB
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Some Tour owners reported that their trackball issues went away after upgrading the OS on their Tour.  Which version are you running?  Check in Options>About and it will list your OS.  I believe 4.7.1.61 was supposed to have a fix for the trackball problems.  You may try upgrading your OS if you are running the original 4.7.1.40.

Doc

0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Tour 9630 - Trackball Issue Ignored by BB
rcn400

Unfortunately, 4.7.1.61 is what I am running. I keep looking for more updates but I really think it is hardware related and not software--otherwise, BB would have fixed it by now--if for no other reason, than to shut people like me up. Thanks for the message though.

0 Likes