Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blackberry Tour 9630 - Trackball Issue Ignored by BB
rcn400

Does anyone know if there has ever been a true fix for the horizontal trackball issue on the BB Tour 9630? I have read countless blogs about customers getting "quick-fixes" and/or replacement phones ("Green Dot" phones, etc.) only to have the same problem occur. I have also tried the fruitless changing of the trackball sensitivity settings and even the pathetic "roll the ball across a white piece of paper" trick.

I'm reasonably sure that there is no fix, unless a second wave of phones have been manufactured with actual hardware changes to the ball and friction points (ie., the ball actually touches the friction points when it is rolled horizontally--that would be a novel touch). It is really getting on my nerves now that I have lived with it for a number of months. If this is how BB addresses a major screw-up in manufacturing, then the iPhone is looking better and better to me....

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Tour 9630 - Trackball Issue Ignored by BB
StreetDocRN
Leader
Leader

Hi,

Some Tour owners reported that their trackball issues went away after upgrading the OS on their Tour.  Which version are you running?  Check in Options>About and it will list your OS.  I believe 4.7.1.61 was supposed to have a fix for the trackball problems.  You may try upgrading your OS if you are running the original 4.7.1.40.

Doc

0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Tour 9630 - Trackball Issue Ignored by BB
rcn400

Unfortunately, 4.7.1.61 is what I am running. I keep looking for more updates but I really think it is hardware related and not software--otherwise, BB would have fixed it by now--if for no other reason, than to shut people like me up. Thanks for the message though.

0 Likes