Blackberry Tour 9630 texting issues
Log-Pen

I've had my blackberry tour for about 6 months now and recently ive had problems texting. When i send a message everythings fine but when i recieve messages it will delay and ill get them hours later (if i even get them at all.) It's really aggrivating when im trying to have a conversation. If you know whats wrong i need help!

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Tour 9630 texting issues
Crackberry20
Enthusiast - Level 3

i had this problem with my 1 Curve  i had to call verizon wireless and speak with and Black Berry tec and the had to reset up my phone 

0 Likes
Kimberly_Nicole
Contributor - Level 2

Hi.  I understand your frustration with receiving delayed text messages especially when you are in the middle of a conversation.  I can certainly help you from here.   Crackberry20 is correct, I would try to dial *228 option 2 to update your roaming.   If that does not work, I would suggest a hard reset (after you backup all of your important information) on the device.

Please let me know if this works for you :smileyhappy:

Thanks!

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Just one other thing to add to Kimberly's advice, if you have not done so already.  Make sure you are using the latest Operating System (OS) for your device.  You can go to Verizon's download page to get the latest software for your device at http://vzw.smithmicro.com/blackberry/ .  I hope this helps.

Doc

0 Likes
Kimberly_Nicole
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks StreetDocRN!    That is absolutely correct :smileyhappy:   It is always best to make sure you are using the latest Operation System.

Did any of the troubleshooting work for you?

Waiting on your reply :smileywink:

Thanks!

0 Likes
chmash

hi Kimberly,

Having a similar problem - since I upgraded my software I can no longer find incoming texts, and my general inbox no longer shows me all text/ sms, blackberry messages, or emails coming in.. I have to select the folder to view.

And worse... I can hear a text/ message / email come in but I can not view it - I can only view my previous text / meessage or email to that person.

I can not find any info anywhere on how to fix  this..  I'm about ready to throw my tour out the window - it's useless if you can't get your messages.

Any help would be greatly apprecaited.

0 Likes
DJ_Boxer
Contributor - Level 1

chmash wrote:

hi Kimberly,

And worse... I can hear a text/ message / email come in but I can not view it - I can only view my previous text / meessage or email to that person.

I can not find any info anywhere on how to fix  this..  I'm about ready to throw my tour out the window - it's useless if you can't get your messages.

Any help would be greatly apprecaited.

The SMS messages are being threaded per number and I also would like to know if there is a way to fix this if someone wants to because I have signed up for local alerts and it gets confusing also with sending to phone from Handango it gets more confusing.  If this can't be fixed currently, is it possible that this and the keyboard lock bug also be fixed?

DJ

0 Likes