Blackberry Tour 9630 - when notification of e-mail ring tone plays
sh47

When I receive an e-mail message I get the vibrate and my 2 beeps, then just starting yesterday I get this horrible ringtone also that I can't shut off.  How do I get rid of the ring tone on my messages.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Tour 9630 - when notification of e-mail ring tone plays
sHaY_j
Contributor - Level 3

In the sounds application, perform one of the following actions:

• To receive LED notification only, click Silent.

• To receive vibrate notification only, click Vibrate Only.

• To turn off all notification, including ring tones and notifications for specific contacts and LED notification, click All Alerts Off.

0 Likes
jlm454545

So maybe I am not understanding your fix. I have same problem. Any alert the phone plays the one I have set and when finished it plays my ringtone. I want to keep my standard tone alert but I only want my ringtone to play when i get a phone call. So your instructions only say to turn everything. Can you tell me how to keep ring tone as ring tone but all other alerts be tone based and not have my ring tone play after the standard alert.

0 Likes
sadie85
Contributor - Level 3

I'm gonna take a wild guess...you updated to the 5.0 software, correct?

This ringtone issue is a known issue...your phone will play the wrong tone/alert for the wrong function, will play a ringtone when you end a call that you made, continue playing a ton after you've ignored a call, play ringtones you don't even have on your phone(for real...my phone started rapping at me one day...I don't have any rap on my phone!)

Only solution, is a temporary one...pull the battery. Should solve the problem for a few days.

0 Likes
Thank you, you have successfully authenticated. A Verizon...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thank you, you have successfully authenticated. A Verizon agent will message you shortly.
0 Likes