Blackberry Tour Tracking Ball Issues!!! RIM is aware and so is Verizon!!!
Knestle10
I purchased my Blackberry Tour on August 7th from VerizonWireless, and as time passed the tracking ball gradually worsened. The trackball worked fine scrolling up and down, but major problems(lagging and skipping icons) scrolling either right or left. I took my phone to Verizon and explained the trackball issues. The technician was aware of the issue with Blackberry Tours and immediately opened a trouble ticket to have a brand new BB Tour shipped to me. According to the technician, the first batch of BB Tours released in July/August were produced with defective trackball apparatus and RIM were aware of the issue. The newer produced BB Tours should not have that issue. Good Luck everyone!!!
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Tour Tracking Ball Issues!!! RIM is aware and so is Verizon!!!
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3

Everyone is aware there is a trackball issue (you forgot Sprint is aware also)and have been since July. I am on my third Tour and it acts completely different. You know if your replacement has a green dot sticker on it. That means it has the new trackball and battery door.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey,

I'm just curious if the Tours made in Mexico were the problem.  Mine was made in Canada and had no problems.  Whoa...DeJa Vu.  I think we covered this topic a couple of weeks ago.

Doc

0 Likes
gmandisco
Enthusiast - Level 3
Hey guys. I noticed that you said in the post above that not only do they have a new trackball but also a new battery door? What's wrong with the battery door? I've noticed on my tour that the door is loose - moving up and down. Not as tight as I suppose it might need to be. Just wondering. I got my tour in two days ago, should I be expecting trackball issues? Also what about the fact that sometimes my os seems laggy. Just normal or something that can be done with a reinstall after backup of o.s? Sorry to threadjack just wondering while we r on these issues.
0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3

People in the forums did polls and found that it did not matter where it was made(Mexico or Canada).

The trackball and battery door are both big issues with this phone. If your trackball acts screwy just call VZ and they will replace or take it back.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Thanks.

0 Likes
Knestle10

Received my 1st BB Tour replacement 10/02/2009 (one week ago); and thus far, my trackball is working wonderfully!  Although it's still early, I felt the need to inform my fellow BB Tour enthusiasts with updates.    Yes, I did recvd the new BB Tour with a green dot on the package, as I was informed it would by the technician!   I've never had any problems with my battery door on the previous BB Tour and it's the same design on this newer one.  Battery door never came off or shaky, as I've read on other threads. I must've been a lucky one.  So I guess not EVERYONE have the same issues, that's why it's good we have forums to inform everyone of our unique/individual issues and experiences. 

Thanks everyone for reading and for your inputs!  Keep posting!!!  :smileywink:

0 Likes
MrBrownstone

I got mine 3 weeks ago and have had nothing but problems with it.  I got a free replacement & same problems with the trackball & audio devices locking up the phone. 

In 12 years, this is the first phone I'm actually going to return unless I get some consideration from Verizon.  Test the darn things before releasing them to the public.

0 Likes
bobbydiv

I just switched from a Droid to the BB Tour on Friday 11/20/2009.  I gave my wife the Droid and I took the older Curve, and didn't like it.  I didn't like the new Curve, (seemed cheaply made) but the tour was right up my alley.  I purchased this through my local Verizon store, and I've checked the box, and I find no Green Dot in any form or fasion on my box.  Can someone tell me if the box was updated and so wouldn't have the green dot?  Is there a way to tell if my phone was made after the issue was identified and corrected?  Maybe by the model number or something?  Thanks

0 Likes