Blackberry Tour issues with downloaded ringtones?
hsoderberg

I was wondering if anybody has had issues with their Tour not always using the assigned ringtones?  I downloaded them from the Verizon website.  They work about half the time, the other times it goes back to the preloaded ones which grate on my nerves!  Technical support couldn't help me and my gosh I don't want to have to spend 30 minutes every time it happens to wipe it clean and re-install.  Thank you very much for any input you have!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Tour issues with downloaded ringtones?
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

I've had this happen a couple of times. I wouldn't say it happens frequently though. 

Have you tried other ringtones you didn't get from VZW? Try making your own free ringtones from mp3 files on your computer. 

I've heard of this happening on every model of Blackberry, so it's probably just a general OS bug. One of the joys of owning a piece of technology. 

OS 5.0 for the Tour is just around the corner. Sit tight. Maybe the update will help fix your issue. 

0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Tour issues with downloaded ringtones?
hsoderberg

Thank you very much for the info!  I will just be patient and work with it until the upgrades come out. I find that if I just keep it in one sound profile it is a little more stable.  Poor thing has issues! :smileysad:  Anyway, thanks and have a great day!

0 Likes