Blackberry Upgrade gone wrong
ledgerman1

So I upgraded my Blackberry Storm this morning and completed the process thinking everything went fine. However, my post-upgrade realization is that all my settings, contact list, call log and calender entries are now gone. I was confident that I followed all the appropriate prompts to complete the process in such a way that all that data would be retained on my phone after the upgrade process. Nothing could be further from the truth. Is there a step I overlooked to restore my phone after the upgrade, or am I **bleep** and needing to start from scratch with my data and settings? Obviously any help or information would be very appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Upgrade gone wrong
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

ledgerman1 wrote:

So I upgraded my Blackberry Storm this morning and completed the process thinking everything went fine. However, my post-upgrade realization is that all my settings, contact list, call log and calender entries are now gone. I was confident that I followed all the appropriate prompts to complete the process in such a way that all that data would be retained on my phone after the upgrade process. Nothing could be further from the truth. Is there a step I overlooked to restore my phone after the upgrade, or am I **bleep** and needing to start from scratch with my data and settings? Obviously any help or information would be very appreciated.

Hi,

Did you backup your device prior to installing the upgrade?  If so, you can pull up that backup through Blackberry Desktop Manager and restore your address book.

Doc

0 Likes
ledgerman1

I did not preface the upgrade process with a data backup. My recollection of the event is that I followed a prompt to backup and restore my BB microSD card during the upgrade process. Am I mistaken? If there is a backup of my data, where would the default location be for the file?

0 Likes
LOWFLYER
Contributor - Level 2

Unfortunately no, if you did not do a physical backup of your phone by going to "Backup & Restore" in the desktop manager I'm afraid you're hosed.  However, have you ever performed a backup of your handset?  If you have a recent one or one at all you could at least use that to start with.  Backing up your device should be a weekly ritual.  I can't tell you how many people I ask if they've backed up their phone and they say how....and I say with desktop manager....and they say "What's desktop manager?"  O_o...........like really?  Anyway, I digress.  BACKUP!!!  Hard lesson to learn.  I hope u did at some point.

If a member answers your question, solves an issue, and/or helps you in any way that becomes beneficial....by all means hook em up with some Kudos!! Or mark the thread solved and give Kudos!!

0 Likes