Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blackberry Vs. Droid Overseas Usage
scubasteve1979

I am heading to Afghanistan in a few months.  My wife and I are looking to purchase either the Blackberry or Droid to use for communication while I am over there.  The area that I am going to has minimal communication assets so we are trying to figure something out that we can use that will be fairly cost effective. 

I have heard many things about either device.  I hear that you can use BBM to talk back and forth.  I also heard that you can use Skype on the Droid to talk, and it works pretty much like a regular phone call?

Does anyone have any experience using either of these devices over there or possibly know someone that has had experience.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Vs. Droid Overseas Usage
GreatDane77

Blackberry is going to be expensive cuz i was in Europe and i had no less than a 200$ phone bill and I didnt use it all that much but sometimes when i did use it i had a $800 bill. The droid i havent heard that much about it overseas, sorry bro. Good luck..

0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Vs. Droid Overseas Usage
scubasteve1979

I wasn't actually planning to use the "Voice" portion of the phone.  Primarily the Internet and BBM to talk to folks back home via FaceBook etc.  I figured the voice portion would be stupic expensive.  Thanks for the help.

0 Likes