Blackberry and Blue Cheese Dressing...HELP!
JVH

Hello, hubby dropped his bb tour in blue cheese dressing (the 5 gallon bucket variety) and we tried drying it in rice last night.  It seems to be working fine other than nobody can hear him talking into the phone.  He can hear the other person, but it's like he's on mute.

Is there anyone who's had *and fixed??* this problem?

Thanks in advance!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry and Blue Cheese Dressing...HELP!
Spiral
Master - Level 1

JVH wrote:

Hello, hubby dropped his bb tour in blue cheese dressing (the 5 gallon bucket variety) and we tried drying it in rice last night.  It seems to be working fine other than nobody can hear him talking into the phone.  He can hear the other person, but it's like he's on mute.

Is there anyone who's had *and fixed??* this problem?

Thanks in advance!!

The problem is the 'sticky' nature of the blue cheese dressing has probably plugged the mirophone and/or speakers.  Some people have had luck using alchohol but that I would not count on success at this point.  I think you will see additional problems in the future as the moisture affects the 'innards' of the BB over time.

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

I would have to agree with Spiral, that you likely will need a replacement. There are instances where alcohol helps remove a sticky beverage, but it's not sounding good here. Sorry the news isn't better. Do you have insurance?

I suppose if it's a total loss now, you could try disassembling and cleaning it. That'll void your warranty, but so will 5 gallons of dressing.

0 Likes
JVH

Thanks guys, looks like he'll be getting a replacement phone...and a leash for it!

0 Likes
budone
Legend

JVH wrote:

Thanks guys, looks like he'll be getting a replacement phone...and a leash for it!

Short leash!!!!

0 Likes