Blackberry automatically calls during a call
gramakimmy
Enthusiast - Level 1

While in the middle of a call, phone starts ringing, and I cannot hear current caller, it is calling the last person called, and placing on a conference call, I believe, as it then shows 3 phone icons..please help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Blackberry automatically calls during a call
Jenks0330
Enthusiast - Level 1

This actually happens to me quite frequently on my Bold 9930. I figured out that I'm accidentally placing a 3-way call:  My cheek touches the 'add participant' button on the touch screen then selects someone from the recent contacts list. As far as I've been able to figure out (and I've had the phone since late 2011), there is no way to drop one participant from a conference call while continuing the original call so there are two options: 1) Completely end the call and call back, or 2) Return to the original caller with flash/join and hope the accidentally called contact doesn't answer.  The only times I've had to go with option 2 were on calls where I couldn't call the caller back, such as customer service calls. This is where flashing back to the original call is the only option that saves you from having to go through the IVR and hold process again then starting over with a different rep.

I know this doesn't completely resolve the issue, but hopefully it helps to better understand what's happening. If you're able to find a true resolution, please let me know!

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh my! That's certainly odd. Let's ensure we take a look into this issue. Which Blackberry Bold are we working with here? How long has this been occuring? Does this occur on each and every call?

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Jenks0330
Enthusiast - Level 1

This actually happens to me quite frequently on my Bold 9930. I figured out that I'm accidentally placing a 3-way call:  My cheek touches the 'add participant' button on the touch screen then selects someone from the recent contacts list. As far as I've been able to figure out (and I've had the phone since late 2011), there is no way to drop one participant from a conference call while continuing the original call so there are two options: 1) Completely end the call and call back, or 2) Return to the original caller with flash/join and hope the accidentally called contact doesn't answer.  The only times I've had to go with option 2 were on calls where I couldn't call the caller back, such as customer service calls. This is where flashing back to the original call is the only option that saves you from having to go through the IVR and hold process again then starting over with a different rep.

I know this doesn't completely resolve the issue, but hopefully it helps to better understand what's happening. If you're able to find a true resolution, please let me know!

gramakimmy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mine is also a Blackberry Bold 9930, I have done 2 things recently, updated all software, and when I place or receive a call, am locking the screen.  It is a pain, to get used to doing this, but I am getting better at it, LOL, and haven't had the issue since doing so.  I had also been ending the call and calling back, which is embarrassing, have you tried locking the screen when making or receiving a call?  I would be interested to find out if this works for you.  Thanks so much for the reply!

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

Do you have a screen protector on the screen?  It sounds like something is interfering with the proximity sensor.

0 Likes