Blackberry desktop manager and redirector inop
kativelovesmike

For the last 2 days, I have not been receiving my emails. I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling my software. My desktop manager says disconnected in the top left hand corner, my server status says online and my active device PIN is correct. My redirector says disabled in the top left hand corner and under Status it says "verifying forwarding address". I have gone into my email settings on the desktop manager, all information is correct. If anyone has a solution to this please let me know. Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry desktop manager and redirector inop
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

A lot of times, troubleshooting problems with email involves a few things.  First, make sure all of your email account user names and passwords are correct.  Double check case sensitive passwords.  Next, on your Blackberry device, go to Email Settings and connect to your email account settings.  Press the Menu Key and select Service Books.  Select Send Service Books.  After a moment, your service books will be resent to your device.  Next, go to Options>Advanced Options>Default Services and make sure Messaging (CMIME) is set to your xxxx@vzw.blackberry.net account.  Last, go to Options>Security Options>Firewall and disable firewall settings if they are set to troubleshoot sending or receiving email.  The last thing you can check is a diagnostic test.  Go to Options>Mobile Network>Press the Menu Key and select Diagnostic Test.  Press the Menu key again and select Run.  This will take several minutes to run, but it will let you be aware of potential problems.  I hope this helps.

Doc

0 Likes