Blackberry in Singapore
mpnvaccare1544

There is horrible service provided by verizon for helping you when in Singapore to activate or to fix the blackb erry tour to activitate the device. It does not activate given the horrific instructions on line, no chat service, no answer on the international call, no help whatsoever. I cannot remove a sos signal, all providers in singapore do not work, battery pulled out, everything done, this demonstrates incompetence of verizon? have yoiu experienced the same. Signed Stranded in Singapore.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: New Community Feedback - Please Post Here
mpnvaccare1544

Who has a horrible blackberry tour that cannot gain access in Singapore, what to do, since verizon help folks are clue less.

0 Likes
Re: Blackberry in Singapore
MTblackberry

Okay...I know this is an old posting, but hopefully someone will be searching and my answer will help out. 

I have been unable to connect while visiting Singapore, getting an occasional email and text but not being able to send emails, make voice calls, or browse the Internet.  After a few email exchanges, I called Verizon's global support line and got an immediate solution. 

When in Singapore, the phone automatically selects the phone company SingTel which basically does not work.  You need to change this to a different company that allows all services. 

To do this, go to Options, select Mobile Network, and select GSM as the Network Mode.  Then, under Network Selection Mode, switch from Automatic to Manual.  You should then be able to scan for available networks.  I was told to select StarHub (click the button to the left of the roller and a menu should come up allowing you to select it) once the scan was complete. 

Give the appropriate OK responses to the prompts and back on out to the home page and hopefully you will immediately begin receiving emails, browse, etc (all those things you're paying extra to be able to do).

Hope this allows someone else to avoid the pain and suffering I went through!

0 Likes
Re: Blackberry in Singapore
emmmemmmme

Happened to me too, in Austria. The problem is that international roaming is not activated by default on your phone. It's not even activated when you sign up for the $4.99 plan for lowering the roaming voice rates to $.99/min. You will have to find a rep who will add your IMEI number to the VZW database. Once that is in place you will have at least GSM service. Then you'll have to be on the Global Blackberry plan for email to push to your device.

I recommend using skype to make the calls to the US VzW 800 number, it's free...

0 Likes