Blackberry maps
JMB
Enthusiast - Level 3

Before I downloaded google maps app, nothing showed on Blackberry maps except a map of the world. No choices. Now that I have google maps app, Blackberry maps gives me choices and directions, including a picture of the route. It also says someting about checking a satellite when I find my present location.

Questions - 1)  Is BB maps app different from what I am now seeing? 2) And is what I am now seeing free with Verizon's unlimited data or have I stumbled into something I'm going to have to pay extra for? :smileysad:

Sorry for all these questions but I can't seem to find the answer by googling.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry maps
SoccerRef
Contributor - Level 3

BB Maps is free, but I thought Verizon disabled it on the 8330? Is yours working? Can it find where you are? I've heard rumors of people downloading Google Maps and all of a sudden BB Maps starts working. I've deleted BB Maps from my phone, but if you got it working, I might reinstall it.

SoccerRef

0 Likes
Kooshie
Contributor - Level 2

Reinstall it, it works great on my Husband's 8330 and he does not have Google Maps.

0 Likes
JMB
Enthusiast - Level 3

We have had 8530s for a week so far. Not 8330

Yes it did locate us, saying something about satellites and showing us moving on the Parkway tonight, which is why I posted the question. But only after getting google maps. Before that both of our only showed a map of the world and let us zoom in but offered no locations or local maps. Maybe we were supposed to download something.

The other thing is the software version. When I installed the CD it immediately upgraded me to the newest software and took a very long time to write into the BB. My husband has not upgraded it yet and his won't find us correctly. I'm installing the update tomorrow and will see if it finds us correctly.

I'm a novice at the BB stuff so I can only see what works and not advise others .... yet Smiley Happy

0 Likes
JMB
Enthusiast - Level 3

New question about blackberry maps and how one of our BBs was set up. The problem is that Blackberry maps menu offers GPS Navigation to the purple BB but not to the black one. Find location has "where I am" on the purple one but not on the black one. And google maps locator is right on for the purple but miles away for the black one.

We got them at the same time but one man in the service center took an hour to set up the black BB and the other took 10 minutes on the purple one and forgot to set up some things I had to do later. The first asked if we wanted GPS (black) and we said no - which may the missing link here. We thought it was a feature to add on for money. No such question was asked for the purple one.

So the question is - does anyone see an easy way to get the black BB to have the GPS which seems to be needed for the features in the 1st paragraph?

0 Likes
SOLVED Blackberry maps
JMB
Enthusiast - Level 3

*611 helped immediately. Setup>gps>gps services "location on" instead of just 911.

0 Likes
Thank you for your message. To ensure the safety of our t...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thank you for your message. To ensure the safety of our team members, we have temporarily reduced our business hours and our Response Centers are closed for the day. You may not receive a response until the next business day. Thank you for your understanding.
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thank you for your message. To ensure the safety of our team members, we have temporarily reduced our business hours and our Response Centers are closed for the day. You may not receive a response until the next business day. Thank you for your understanding.
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
0 Likes